UPDATE: We’re so sorry but the Showcase tool had an error today, and consequently we will be selling the spots for this ad on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 1:00pm Eastern time. So for all of you who clued us in that something was wrong, thank you. You’ve got another shot!
In case you’re not familiar with this program, here are the important details:
- Etsy will purchase ad space in various magazines, cover half of the cost, and design the ads.
- Etsy Sellers are able to purchase spots in the ad at the discounted rate.
- You will get to display your shop name, an image of one item, its price, and its category.
- The limit is one spot per seller, per advertisement.
This ad will be in the December/January issue of Bust.
- 30 spots will be available to sellers at a price of $90 each.
- Spots will go on sale on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 1:00pm (Eastern Time).
- Spots are purchased in the same manner as a Showcase.
- If you successfully buy a cooperative ad spot through Showcase, your item photo and information must be sent to email@example.com no later than 7:00pm (Eastern Time) on Thursday, October 2, 2008.
- Total Circulation is 93,500.
- Bust is published 6 times annually.
- The December/January issue hits newsstands on November 25, 2008.
BUST is a groundbreaking women’s lifestyle magazine that is unique in its ability to connect with bright, cutting-edge young women. With an attitude that is fierce, funny, and proud to be female, BUST‘s revolutionary editorial mix addresses a refreshing variety of women’s interests, including pop culture, music, crafting, fashion, sex, news, and celebrity interviews. Hip, humorous, and honest, BUST is a cheeky celebration of all things female and a trusted authority on up-and-coming trends among young women.
- 98% of the readers are women.
- Average income is $69,000.
- Median age is 27.
- 80% of readers refer to BUST for fashion.
- 91% say BUST is their favorite magazine.
- 68% purchased from BUST advertisers last year.
Venus: Winter issue. 30 spots, $25 each. Spots go on sale at 1:00pm (ET) Thursday, October 9, 2008.
1. What is the Cooperative Advertising Program?
- By purchasing a spot in a Cooperative Advertising Program, Etsy sellers can show off their items in an Etsy-branded magazine advertisement, reach new buyers, and help boost their sales and shop awareness. Print ads in popular magazines are often priced out of reach of small entrepreneurs. Etsy is able to purchase larger ads for more impact, and let sellers buy into the ads.
2. How does it work?
- Etsy reduces costs to sellers by subsidizing the ads. We pay half of the cost. The cost to you is the remaining amount, divided by the number of spots for sale.
- Sellers get to display one image of an item from their shop, its price, its main category and their shop name. The appearance of the ad is similar to our homepage. See the original article for an example.
3. How do I purchase a spot?
- 1: Go to the Showcase Gateway.
- 2: Choose “Cooperative Ads – BUST Showcase.” There will only be one date to choose from.
- 3: Hit the “Purchase” button. The fee will be added to your normal Etsy bill.
*Note: The items that appear in the Showcase section of “Your Etsy” will not affect this purchase. The item photo that you send in via email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be what appears in the ad. There is not an online Showcase associated with this purchase!
4. What do I do next?
You’ll receive a conversation from Adam with details, and we will need the following from you:
- Your shop name.
- The price of the item.
- The main category that the item is listed under.
- A high-resolution photograph of your item (300 dpi).
- If you need help with photo issues, please ask, and Adam will send you detailed instructions. If you already have a photo that you like, great! If not, check out some of our photography tips.
- We will need your image by 7:00pm (Eastern Time) on Thursday, October 2, 2008 to give us time to lay out the ad and meet our deadline with Bust.
5. How many spots can I reserve?
- You can purchase one spot per advertisement.
6. Can I cancel a spot after I’ve made a reservation? Is the fee refunded?
- We will only cancel and refund spots under very special circumstances. Deciding you are no longer interested in your spot does not count. If you feel like you really have a valid case please email email@example.com.
7. How do I know if the current Cooperative Ad is right for me?
- Do some research! We’ll provide helpful info for each ad as it becomes available (see above). And, it may be helpful to visit your local bookstore or newsstand to see if they carry the magazine. Remember, there will be more of these Cooperative Advertising opportunities available in the future, including Craft, Venus, and Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion. If you don’t feel like Bust is perfect for you, there will be other opportunities…