There are many techniques and free resources out there to help you create your Etsy Shop banner. I’ve gathered a few of my favorite tutorials and links to help you get started. Before you go off exploring these, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite banners — think of these as ideas to spark your own experiments. Make your banner work for your shop!
1. Give viewers a good idea of what they’ll find in your shop.
2. Crop a photo to the correct banner size (760 x 100 pixels) and you are good to go!
3. Make sure your banner ties in with the colors and branding of your item listings.
4. Use your banner to punch up your promotions.
5. Use your banner to share more about you as an artist — give a little insight into your process.
7. Don’t stress! You can update your banner whenever you want. Keep in mind that your banner is only seen on a few pages of your Etsy shop. I suggest making sure your avatar is a current representation of your shop. After all, your avatar is seen on every single page of your Etsy shop, and in other areas of Etsy (the Forums, Pounce, etc.)
8. Finally, don’t forget about all the designers on Etsy that can customize a banner for your shop. Try searching “Etsy shop banner” to browse the banner designs currently available. If you’d rather create one yourself, use the tips and tricks below:
DIY Shop Banner by (the unofficial) Etsy Business Blog
Free Photo Editors:
Picasa - Free photo editing software from Google
Photoshop Express Editor- Resize and add text to your image with this free online program
Aviary - Web-based photo editing with lots of fun tools
Have a helpful link of your own to share? Please post it in the comments below!