Abby Blaire Capalbo is an editor for Style Me Pretty, a style savvy wedding resource devoted to the modern bride. She brings the chicest weddings to the masses, catering to the detail-obsessed bride, and she thinks her job is pretty glorious. Abby is a lover of all things pretty, her smarty pants husband, the ocean, small details that really are quite big, New England, cake stands, and her crazy golden retriever, Otto. (Not in that order, of course; cake stands would be much closer to the top.)
Etsy is a wedding planning haven where a bride’s detailed dreams come true, and that makes for some drop dead gorgeous affairs for us to gawk over. Some of our favorite fêtes are of the fall variety, so we thought we would whip up a few buying guides based on some drool-worthy autumn affairs. First we’ll show a little snap shot of the wedding, and then unveil the board of curated Etsy goodness. Got it? Fab! Let’s get started with this gorgeous Santa Ynez soiree by none other than Jose Villa.
Hard not to love that goodness, and with a little help from our crafty Etsy friends it can all be yours.
[ 1. Name and date favor tags from The Ruffly Owl; 2. Vintage soda bottles from The Gingham Owl; 3. Vintage bow tie from Hello Again Vintage; 4. Mason jars from Twinkle Little Starr; 5. Wine crate from Beatrice in Blue; 6. Burlap fabric from Fabric Mart; 7. Orange ribbon from Not Joe's Stuff; 8. Wood signs from True Connection]
1. Say thank you in style with these adorable tags.
2. Fab vintage bottles for centerpieces.
3. Oh, how I LOVE bow ties!
4. Mason jars aplenty.
5. Wine crate for escort card display.
6. Burlap as a backdrop.
7. Ribbon to tie on chairs.
8. Wood signs to direct guests.
Beth Helmstetter is a styling goddess, and this gorgeous party does elegant rustic so well that the term “elegant rustic” was probably coined for this wedding. But you don’t have to take my word for it: here’s a little snippet from the gorgeous affair.
And now, here are some ideas on how you can make it your very own.
[1. Navy bridesmaid's dress from Anaya; 2. Vintage coke bottles from Glass N More; 3. grey striped straws from The Party Fairy; 4. Cake stand from Roxy Heart Vintage; 5. cake topper from Baumbirdy; 6. Wooden tags from Idea Chick]
1. The perfect navy bridesmaid’s dress your ladies will wear again and again.
2. Cute-as-can-be vintage Coke bottles!
3. Who doesn’t love grey striped straws?
4. Bringing in the rustic with this fab cake stand.
5. Adorable, yet elegant, cake topper.
6. Wooden tags for place cards to hang on the bottles.
And finally, this autumn photo shoot is just my dream fall setting — warm tones, a fabulous menu and wine aplenty. We just had to take the opportunity to make this inspiration a reality…
You just need a few beautiful things to bring it to life…
[1. 1950s German vase from Dotti Rose Studio; 2. Antique hanging wine rack from R Christopher Designs; 3. Parisian princess gown from Claire la Faye; 4. Vintage brass bird box from High Street Market; 5. Natural cotton twine from Inspire Lovely; 6. Vintage 1930s LYSOL bottle from from MyraMelinda; 7. Calligraphy samples from Lauren Hooper Calligraphy; 8. Hand built leaf plate from Sumiko]
1. A fabulous and unique vase to bring that gorgeous gold into the color palette.
2. I am obsessed with riddling racks, and this one gives the rich winery feel.
3. Elegant and rustic, this dress just makes my heart happy.
4. Love this bird box. I would use the top as a cake topper.
5. Twine never looked so pretty!
6. The perfect vintage bottle for flowers.
7. Oh calligraphy, how I love thee!
8. The perfect leaf serving platter to complete the fall theme.
Are you planning a fall wedding?