Hooray for Julia Child! In honor of what would have been her 100th birthday, the Internet is abuzz with tributes, recipes, and thoughts on the author and French Chef’s legacy. As a butter-obsessed Julia Child fangirl, I couldn’t be more excited. Here’s a round-up of Julia Child tidbits to get your celebration started.
- Julia Child’s kitchen lives on at the Smithsonian.
- French chef Jacques Pépin remembers his friend Julia.
- Alternate titles for Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
- Julia led a fascinating life. Pick up a book by or about her. You won’t be disappointed.
- Julia improvises with a blowtorch on Late Show with David Letterman.
- 10 favorite Julia recipes, including Chocolate Souffles.
- The history of her famous cookbook.
- Julia’s letterhead. Classic.
- Julia is immortalized in a Google Doodle.
- Make a salad with Julia and Jacques in this interactive recipe.
Behind the scenes while filming The French Chef.
And in closing, wise words from Julia: “The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.”
Alison is Editor in Chief of the Etsy Blog. When she's not trawling Etsy for pottery, folk art, and vintage oddities, she enjoys exploring New York, historical nonfiction and thrifting. She loves a good cat video.