Craft Party is a time to celebrate creativity in your community. When crafting and partying are combined into an evening of making and mayhem, it’s hard to go wrong. On Friday, August 24th, handmade parties based on the theme “Wish You Were Here” will simultaneously pop up all over the world — and in a town near you! Learn how you can join in the fun. Don’t forget, if you get 25 participants to sign up for your party by August 12, 2012, our friends at Michaels will send you a box of art supplies!
For this week’s installation of How-Tuesday, I’ve collected 15 DIY projects designed to help you craft a memorable party.
- Chalk it up at your party with this upcycled chalkboard tutorial.
- Show your hometown pride with this clever yet simple map silhouette postcard project.
- Celebrate your favorite locale with a touch of painted glass.
- Whip up a set of whirling pinwheels using maps or local ephemera.
- Pay tribute to a favorite local landmark with this plein-air printmaking technique.
- Impress your guests with a platter of homemade powdered doughnuts.
- Make a batch of granny square cookies.
- Bake a batch of button cookies for a quick, craft-inspired treat.
- If you’re a gal after my own belly, there’s no savory party treat more welcome than a classic deviled egg.
- Keep it sweet with a plate of mini hand pies.
- Decorate sweet treats with some cupcake bling.
- Turn old t-shirts into a colorful garland for your party.
- Make a fête for your tête with these floral party hats.
- This balloon tassel and fringe will take your party up, up, and away.
- Pack a punch of neon with these day-glo vases.
Looking for more party inspiration? Be sure to download the Craft Party Kit, a beautiful resource brimming with ideas, tutorials, checklists, printables, coupons, and more!
Julie Schneider is a Brooklyn-based artist, teacher and punster. When she's not working on Etsy's community team, she's writing, drawing and making cards and papercuts. Keep up with her latest creations on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.