As you might imagine, in all my time panning the internet for DIY gold suitable for the weekly How-Tuesday column, I’ve stumbled upon far more gems than there are Tuesdays in the year. So, for today’s post, I’m mixing it up a little, and sharing ten projects that I have been loving lately.
- Speaking of gems, here’s a pattern for stitching a diamond tote.
- Need a spot of green? Try making a clay planter for miniature houseplants.
- Fold a bouquet of sorbet-toned paper calla lilies.
- Dye plain old dollar store doilies to make some sunny decor.
- Revamp old sunglasses with cat-eyed style.
- Make a sweater for your chair.
- Turn holey socks into a lovable critter.
- Dip dye a totebag in an ombré colorway.
- Paint plaid or striped notecards with watercolors.
- Add a pop of color to weary wooden spoons. (See this one too for another palette.)
What tutorials have caught your eye lately? Let us know in the comments below.
Julie Schneider is a Brooklyn-based artist, teacher and punster. When she's not working on Etsy's community team, she's writing, drawing and making cards and papercuts. Keep up with her latest creations on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.