With Father’s Day just two weeks away, the time is now to start dreaming up ways to celebrate your dear ol’ dad. For this week’s installation of How-Tuesday, I have gathered up 10 DIY projects from across the web, designed to help you make a winning gift in honor of your father.
- Make a tetrahedral kite to fly on a sunny day outdoors.
- Stitch a rolled hem pocket square with fabric in your dad’s favorite color.
- Design fabric with newspaper clippings to sew into a custom tie.
- Collect your favorite family photos into a DIY photo album made from a vintage book.
- Cook up a clock make from forks and spoons.
- Concoct a picnic-worthy soda for your pop.
- Fold and snip a pop-up card with a landscape setting or a space invader theme.
- Make a pair of handmade suspenders in a snap.
- Bind a book using materials you might just have on hand already.
- Sew a simple vinyl wallet, and slip in a nice note.
What are your favorite Father’s Day DIY gift ideas? Let us know in the comments below.
Julie Schneider is a Brooklyn-based artist, teacher and punster. When she's not working on Etsy's community team, she's writing, drawing and making cards and papercuts. Keep up with her latest creations on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.