Congrats on your first sale! This article will guide you through fulfilling your order. Here’s what to do (after you finish your happy dance):
1. Communicate. Send your buyer an Etsy Conversation to thank her for her order. If she paid with check or money order, let her know you’ll ship once it clears.
If a customer (or potential customer) writes to you, it’s always a good idea to respond quickly. This shows that you are on the ball!
2. Make a pretty package. Etsy sellers are known for sending thoughtful packages. Since this is your first sale, you may not have a ton of materials, but even a piece of tissue paper can make all the difference. Tuck in a thank-you card with a hand-written note (you can DIY this out of a scrap of pretty paper). Tuck in a business card if you have one. If not, remember to write your Etsy shop name somewhere on your thank-you card. Check out these DIY packaging ideas for some inspiration!
3. Ship quickly. Your buyer is anxiously awaiting her package! Impress her by shipping the item as quickly as possible.
4. Mark as shipped. Note that you’ve shipped the item on your Sold Orders page. If you have a tracking number, you can include it in the Shipping Notification, an option that appears after you mark the item as shipped.
5. Leave feedback. Once the transaction is complete, thank your buyer with positive feedback and a friendly comment.
Many new sellers wonder how to get a customer to leave feedback. Many buyers don’t leave feedback, so be patient! However, here is a little trick to improve your chances: When you first write to the customer, include a line like, “I want you to be completely satisfied! Please let me know if there are any issues or questions with your order. If you’re pleased with your purchase, please feel free to leave me feedback.” Include a link to the Feedback page, and voila!
Have questions? Write to us and we’ll be happy to help!