New Year’s Eve may be long gone, but we still have a lot to celebrate here at Etsy. Goods sold by the community after refunds and cancellations were up 66.8% from the January 2011 totals, and items sold were up 52% from this month last year as well!
- $54.9 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations*) were sold by our community in January, 19.6% lower than December’s $68.1 million
- That represents 2,797,149 items sold for the month, 16.7% lower than December’s 3,356,890
- 2,384,269 new items were listed in the month, 22.9% higher than December’s 1,939,252
- 652,851 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, down 135,711, or 17.2%, from December
- 1.4 billion page views were recorded on the site in January.
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.
*Previous to 2012, the values of goods sold that were reported did not account for refunds and cancellations. Moving forward, these numbers are taking refunds and cancellations into account.