While the soil continues to hold winter’s chill, those emerging vibrant buds are a reassuring sight indeed. Fresh growth is nothing new to the Etsy community, but a 60.1% increase in April 2013 from April 2012′s total of dollars of goods sold still feels just as delightful as late-afternoon sunshine. (At the same time, items sold were up 70.5% year over year.)
- $101.8 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in April, 0.1% higher than March’s $101.7 million
- That represents 5,050,180* items sold for the month, 1.5% lower than March
- 2,830,804 items were listed in the month, 3.5% lower than March’s 2,932,874
- 972,224 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, down 64,128 or 6.2%, from March
- 1.49 billion page views were recorded on the site in April
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in April 2013!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.
*Ed. Note: We discovered an error in how this statistic had been calculated, and have since corrected the figures to be more accurate.