How do I choose the payment methods I offer in my shop?
Click Your Shop, scroll down, and find Payment on the left.
The next page will be the Payment Methods tab.
- Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Etsy Gift Cards: Sign up to accept credit cards, debit/bank cards, and Etsy Gift Cards directly. This payment method is currently available in 16 countries.
- PayPal: Enter the email address associated with your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, please contact PayPal directly for assistance. You're encouraged to sign up for a Premier or Business account, not a Personal PayPal account. This is for two reasons: personal accounts are subject to receiving limits every month, and personal accounts cannot accept payments from buyers that are funded by a credit card.
- Check or money order: If you use a payment method that needs to be mailed to you, like a check or money order, enter your mailing address here. This address will only be shared with a buyer who purchases from you and chooses this method.
- Other: This means you have another way of accepting payment. Include information and instructions about your payment method in your listings and Shop Policies. You can contact your buyer directly using Etsy Conversations to arrange payment.
- Bank transfers: Currently, bank transfers is a payment method available only to sellers outside of the US. You will need to include the account holder's name, the bank name, and the account number as well as the bank code (also called the routing number). You will also need to include your Swift ID and IBAN number to receive payments from buyers in other countries. For more information, contact your bank directly.
If you are a US seller and want to accept bank transfers in your shop, you can note this option in your shop policies or within your listing descriptions. Add "Other" as a payment method to your shop and have the buyer check out using this option. From there, you and the buyer can exchange bank information.