I'm having trouble uploading pictures for my item listing. Help?
- We recommend your images be 1000 pixels wide. Many digital cameras take very large photographs. Use image editing software to resize your images before uploading them to Etsy.
- Check to make sure that your browser is compatible with Etsy. Using an older version of a web browser, or a browser that's not supported by Etsy, can cause trouble. If you're using Internet Explorer, disable add-ons and toolbars that didn't come with your browser.
- Images should be 300k in file size or below. Files larger than this may time out, especially on a slower Internet connection.
- Ensure the file is a properly encoded .jpg, .gif or .png. These are the only image file types Etsy supports. Animated .gif files are not supported.
- Convert your images to sRGB before uploading to ensure that the colors you see on the site will match the originals. We convert images to use the sRGB color profile (CMYK color profile is for print only).
- Make sure there isn't a firewall blocking your uploads. Try to alter your firewall settings or take the firewall down briefly to test the transfer.
If you need to resize your images, here are a few online photo editing services that many sellers like to use. These services are easy and free. You can use either of these tools to resize and edit your images for Etsy.
(Etsy is not affiliated with any of these services.)