What is Web Analytics? How do I set it up?
Etsy's Shop Stats show you both the volume of the traffic in your shop as well as the traffic sources. This is available under Your Shop > Shop Stats. Read more about Shop Stats.
Google allows you to sign up for a similar program for your Etsy shop called Web Analytics. This is a free service available to all Etsy sellers, but it requires a separate account with Google.
Step 1: Getting Set Up
Here are some helpful hints during signup:
- When asked for your Website's URL enter Etsy's URL (www.etsy.com).
- When asked for your Account Name enter your Etsy shop website address (shopname.etsy.com).
- Hit Continue when you arrive at the page titled Analytics: Tracking Instructions.
- Once you arrive on your account overview page, locate the tracking code which appears to the right of your shop website address. It will appear in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
If you already have a Google Analytics account you can instead login, click on Analytics Settings, and then choose Enter New Profile.
Step 2: Enter Web Property ID
Then you can enable this feature by going to Your Shop > Options > Web Analytics. Enter your Google Analytics Web Property ID in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X. Click Save.
You should be all set. To view your Analytics, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.
Find more tips about using Google Analytics in your Etsy shop:
- Etsy's blog: Web Analytics Recap: Seller Chat in the Virtual Labs
- The Google Analytics Help Center
- The Google Analytics Channel on YouTube, featuring videos such as: