What is a Treasury and how do I create one?
Treasury is an ever-changing, member-curated shopping gallery comprised of lists of items.
These lists contain 16 items. Members can create a themed collection or feature their favorite items from all over Etsy.
What you need to know before getting started
- Treasury is not intended for self-promotion.
- There is no limit to the number of lists you can create.
- The number of views your list receives and the number of clicks the items featured in your list receive are displayed in the list's Stats section as well as on the treasury list itself.
- The "Handpicked Items" that appear on the Etsy home page are treasuries created by our members and selected by our Merch team. The featured treasuries are chosen based on current themes and trends, and they change regularly throughout the day.
How to Create a Treasury
Choose Item Listings
First, find 16 item listings for your list. These could be items from your favorites, favorite shops, or from a search on Etsy.
You will need the listing page URL (web address) or listing ID number for each item.
Create Your List
After signing into your Etsy account, visit the Treasury page, located on the left-hand side of the homepage under More Ways to Shop. Once in the Treasury, click the blue Create a List button in the right column. A new page will open where you can build your list.
Title: Give your list a creative, catchy, and meaningful name. This will help draw visitors in.
Description: Share the inspiration behind your list.
Privacy: You can choose to make a list private (only visible to you) or public (visible to everyone).
Tags: Tags are descriptive keywords that help shoppers discover lists when searching within the Treasury. Use words that describe your list as a whole. Enter a tag in the box and click Add.
Listings: To add an item to your list, you need to enter the listing page URL or the listing ID number into the box and click OK.
You can click and drag each listing you've added until you're happy with your Treasury's arrangement.
Then, click the Save button. You'll need to have a minimum of four listings in your Treasury in order to save it. If you chose to make your list public, it will now appear in the Treasury Index, which can be searched by other members.
Additional Tips for Curating a List
Etsy's staff ("Admin") may promote whole or partial lists to the Handpicked Items featured on Etsy's homepage. If you would like your list to be considered for the homepage, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Be diverse! No more than one item per shop.
- Don't include your own items. Spread the love!
- Is it relevant to current themes and trends?
- Make it beautiful!
Editing Your List
To edit your list, simply click the Edit button in the right column.
If you change your mind about an item, or if an item has sold out or is no longer appearing, you can edit or remove it from your list. Just hover your cursor over the item image, and two links will appear to Edit or Remove.
Be sure to click the Save button when you're done making changes to your list.
As curator of your list, you have some control over the comments made by other members on your list. If needed, you may delete a comment. Hover your mouse over the comment to access the Delete option.
Sharing Your List
Once you have created a beautiful collection, you're welcome to share it with your friends or those you have included. Please keep our Etsy Guidelines in mind if you decide to message each member you have included in your list.
There are also social networking buttons directly on your list that enable you to share it on sites like Facebook and Twitter. You can find these tools in the right column of your list.
Some final notes on Treasuries:
- You may not use a Treasury list or comments to reference a specific member, shop or item in a negative way.
- You may not knowingly harass or abuse another member in Treasury comments.
- A Treasury list containing mature content or featuring mature content item listings must be tagged "mature" by the curator.
- A Treasury list's title may not contain profane, racist, or mature content.
The curator of a list may delete comments on that list at their discretion. Etsy reserves the right to remove Treasury lists at any time. Abuse of Treasury may result in suspension of privileges and/or account termination.