****Please indicate which Kindle you have****
The Secret Garden is a novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It was initially published in serial format starting in the autumn of 1910, and was first published in its entirety in 1911. It is now one of Burnett's most popular novels, and is considered to be a classic of English children's literature.The garden is the book's central symbol, inspired by Burnett's interest in Mary Baker Eddy's Christian Science theories. The secret garden at Misselthwaite Manor is the site of both the near-destruction and the subsequent regeneration of a family. Using the garden motif, Burnett explores the healing power inherent in living things. Maytham Hall in Kent, England, where Burnett lived for a number of years during her marriage is often cited as the inspiration for the book's setting. Burnett kept an extensive garden, including an impressive rose garden. However, it has been noted that besides the garden, Maytham Hall and Misselthwaite Manor are physically very different. (source wikipedia)
Book-style cases are not new to the market but we felt that they were lacking in the style department. We set out to design a new case combined with our love of vintage and used books, thus creating up-cycled RooKCasEs. It is just a matter of time before that the traditional paper and ink book is replaced by eReaders, and we are attempting to preserve some of the nostalgia before it all goes away.
There is something to be said for the old school hardcover books, they are solid in your hands, and they have a certain feel and smell. So when we take an old book and turn it into an iPad or Kindle case, it tells a story about the owner. Our motto is “We don’t make cases, we make conversations” for a reason.
At RookCase we "up-cycle" books and use the outside covers to make unique cases for your tablet or ereader. You can find other unique cases at our Etsy store or www.rookcase.com.
• Hardcover condition is 'as-is. Many books show normal wear and tear from years of use which is what makes them great!
• RooKCasE uses its own discretion regarding the interior covering. Up-cycled covers may have interesting graphics on the inside that we attempt to preserve. When the entire inside requires covering, RooKCasE will match the best color.
• Bindings may be reinforced with fabric or other means to improve durability and longevity in its "new life."
• The cover's size relative to the device/tray varies. RooKCasE attempts to maintain a reasonable proportional sizing.
Used “book style” RooKCasEs:
• Custom one piece birch tray
• Integrated discrete elastic book strap that is out of the way when not in use
• Limited Titles
• Hand made/ Hand Sanded
• Directional sound chamber to move audio from the device to you
All cases ship 2-3 days after order confirmation
Thank you for your interest in RookCase and Etsy
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.