- - - -
PLEASE NOTE: Our production schedule for custom favor orders to be delivered in 2013 is fully booked. We are currently taking orders for favors to be delivered in 2014. Thank you!
- - - -
Our small batch, hand-crafted spice blends are packaged in food-grade clear cones and, depending on the weight of the spices, weighs up to 3 ounces each. The cones are 1.5 inch square at the top, and 6 inches in length.
We use organic spices when available. You can choose one of our popular lines, or we can customize a blend for you.
Some of the spice blends we currently offer include:
- Classic Steak Seasoning: Our take on the classic steak rub, with several different peppers and a rough grind on the spices to make a terrific crust on steak.
- French Provencal BBQ Rub (for grilled seafood or poultry): a spice rub that's great on fish, meat and vegetables, with a mix of savory, lavender, rosemary and other spices.
- Italian Pasta Sauce: all the spices you'll ever need for perfect Marinara! Just bring the tomatoes!
- Italian Tuscany BBQ Rub: Our go-to rub for pork, chicken or beef is an an organic blend of basil, oregano, red peppers and other spices. Makes amazing roasted turkeys, grilled chickens or steaks grilled over an open fire.
- Louisiana Shrimp Boil: a mouth-watering blend of cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, coarse ground French Sel de Mer and some secret ingredients that will have them coming back for a second helping!
- The Medieval Feast: a historically accurate mix of spices for roasted meats, circa the 16th Century.
- Mulling Wine Spices: a heavenly blend of organic and conventionally grown cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks, star anise and a few other spices.
- Rustic Wedding: the classic spice blend for beer-can chicken -- plus recipe, and a few extra (secret) culinary touches.
- Southwest Chipotle Meat Rub and Dip Mix: a spicy blend of chipotle peppers, onion, garlic and spices to provide authentic southwest flavor.
- Southern Sweets: Organic sugars infused with vanilla, lavender, orange blossom and sweet cardamom, perfect for a gourmet touch to coffees, teas and your favorite cookie recipe.
- Sweet Mesquite BBQ Rub: Bring on the tang and the napkins for this one! A butt-kickin' blend of sea salt, organic sugar, paprika, onion and garlic powder and some secret spices -- and no MSG.
- Sweet & Spicy BBQ Rub for Grilled Fruit: a sweet and savory mix of demerara sugar, all spice, cinnamon and other spices that, when is heavenly when you brush it on fruit and pop the fruit on the BBQ grill. Not too sweet, not too spicy - just the best of both.
- Tuscany Olive Oil Bread Dipping Kit: A party hit that is easy to use and universally enjoyed, this is a tasty blend of Fleur de Sel, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese and other spices. Add olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, and you're set.
- Tour of India (seen in the photos): savory layers of whole spices, turmeric and peppers that, when roasted on a hot, dry pan and ground together make a heavenly curry rub.
Have a favorite recipe? We can help customize your spice blend -- so you can share the recipe with your guests! (Custom orders may be more expensive, depending on the ingredients.)
- - - -
What do I get?
Each favor costs $3.25 and comes with one favor filled with one of our spice mixes; a gift tag with a customized design on front; an ingredient list; and a suggested recipe on the back.
- - - -
What if I want more than one of these favors?
Contact us via Etsy convo or by email at dellcovespice [!at] gmail.com and let's talk!
Once you decide to order with us, we will create a custom listing for you. After you have paid for your custom listing, we work with you to create your label, design it with your personal message.
Once your label design is set and sent off to the printers, we will begin mixing your spice mixtures.
Shipping and handling will be priced according to the volume of favors you order. (For orders of more than 1 favor, shipping is not base on a per-unit price - but on the total weight of your order. And we strive to find the most secure, but least expensive, options for our customers.)
- - - - - -
What if I want more than one spice blend?
Our clients often love to offer their guests a variety of different spice mixes as favors - a delicious option for any foodie! We are happy to accommodate such requests. However, please note that we do charge a $15 flat fee for each additional spice blend selected.
That fee partly covers the additional cost we are charged by our printer to have separate print runs on the favor tags - so each favor will have the correct spice name, recipe and ingredient mix on the back.
- - - -
FYI: These blends do not include either milk or nut products, but some of the spices we use were shipped through facilities that had those items stored in the same area. Please convo us if you have allergy concerns.
Please plan accordingly:
Your paid order needs to be received AT LEAST 3 weeks before your event. The more time we have to work on your favors, the less stress for you. And on the plus side? You can order these favors in advance and they will store beautifully.
- - - -
Given current food prices and expense of the ingredients we use, our price breaks begin at 200 favors. We need at least that many favors in one order, in order to get a price break from the farmers and spice companies we work with to get ingredients, as well as the printer we use for the tags.
However, we do offer a 5% discount on the price of the product (not including shipping) for orders that are placed and paid for at least 8 weeks prior to when they need to be received. A lot of brides and party planners do this, as the favors hold beautifully, as long as they are stored in a cool, dark and dry place (like the back of a closet).
- - - -
PLEASE NOTE: Photographs are of past custom orders. Favors are one of a kind. Your order may or may not end up looking like the photographs, as each order is unique and some customers provide their own fabric, embellishments, etc. Regardless, we assure you that your favors will be as unique as your special event!
To see our other tasty wedding favors, please visit our shop:
Wedding favors - BBQ spice rubs - party favors for I Do BBQ wedding, spice kit, bomboniere, bridal shower guest gift
- Handmade item
- Materials: Organic Spices, Conventionally Grown Spices, Sea Salt, Chiles, Vanilla Beans, Natural Flavorings, Basil, Peppercorns, Dark Cocoa Powders, Cinnamon, Parmesan And Other Dairy Powders, Dried Organic Berries, Food Grade Packaging
- Made to order
- Feedback: 2287 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Illinois, United States