We have taken six genuine N.O.S. (new old stock) Russian type IN-16 nixie tubes from the Cold War Era and created an art form time piece that is sure to please even the most particular nixie tube clock aficionado. Nixie tube clocks blend the spirit, drama and eerie beauty of cold war technology.
This clock is microcontroller controlled. The quartz oscillator used is a low-drift temperature-compensated type, giving accurate time for years to come. High voltage is supplied by a high efficiency switching power supply. It is powered by the included high efficiency switching 12 volt D.C. adapter for North American mains. The nixie tubes are type IN-16 tubes. Nixie tubes, unlike other vacuum tubes, do not have a filament. This has two major impacts on the operational characteristics of the clock. Nixie tubes produce very little heat, and as such, do not require the kind of ventilation that other vacuum tubes need to function. Also, the tubes' operational lifetimes are greatly extended past that of regular vacuum tubes.
We have taken some of the old technology and blended it with modern day electronics to produce a piece that is truly unique. This clock measures 5.75 inches round X 2 inches high which can be perfect on your dresser or nightstand as well as on the desk in your home or office.
The case is finished in several coats of clear lacquer finish and made from beautiful Cyprus wood (no veneer). There are four soft plastic bumpers on the bottom to protect your table or desk. All adjustments are located on top surface of enclosure for easy access.
Nixie tube prices have climbed steadily over the years and they are becoming very hard to find. Since no more will ever be produced the value of these clocks should increase as well over time. Why not buy something that is beautiful, tells time and most likely will appreciate in value over the years? The choice is yours!....
▪ Nixie Clock
▪ Instruction Manual
▪ 12 Volt D.C. Adapter for North American mains. For worldwide operation a suitable 12 volt D.C. adapter rated at least 500Ma. with a 2.1mm plug is required. We have these in stock at no extra charge when purchasing the clock.
The following is the technical description:
▪ Power supply 12 Volts D.C., 0.500 Amps
▪ Power consumption 3 W max.
▪ DC-connector 2.1mm center positive
▪ Dimensions 5.75 inches round X 2 inches high
▪ Nixie Tubes IN-16 with manual adjustable intensity under tube blue LED lighting
▪ Time format ▪ 12 hour format or 24 hour format
▪ Date format ▪ DD-MM-YY (day-month-year) or MM-DD-YY (month-day-year)
▪ Alarm snooze time 1..9 minutes
▪ Backup power 30 minutes
▪ Durability Tubes ▪ Tube life saving mode with adjustable brightness (to prevent wearing
▪ Periodical animations (to prevent cathode poisoning)
• Super capacitor backup for up to 1 hour