The full-tang blade is made from O1 high carbon tool steel that is custom cut and shaped for us by the nationally respected Ohio-based Blind Horse Knives. The flat ground edge is easy to sharpen, both at-home and in the field, and takes and holds a razor sharp edge. A grooved thumb ramp provides sure and secure control for delicate work and general carving, while the blade's flat back edge allows for easy batoning through thick wood and the specially shaped pommel lets you pound on it if you need to drive the tip through stubborn material. It's a great looking blade but it's made to be a real work horse because we use it as our own personal survival knives.
Good knives use two rivets to fasten the handle. Higher quality knives typically employ three rivets. But the Aniolek is the only knife you'll find that has a bulletproof handle secured with a full 4 rivets! Not only is the handle exceptionally strong and secure, it is incredibly comfortable. We designed its unique shape with strategically-placed finger recesses that let the knife fit comfortably in the hand of anyone from a small teenager to a large man. We wanted the knife to feel "like an extension of your hand"...and our customers tell us that we succeeded! The standard handle is made of virtually indestructible G-10 and your personal signature will be engraved and gold filled on the left side!
Note: Bottom knife in 2nd photo and knife in 5th photo show optional customization of the blade with a drawing or photo. The 4th photo shows the standard leather sheath on the right with the optional Kydex sheath on the left.
Please be careful as this knife will be professionally sharpened and will arrive truly razor sharp!
Premium Features that come standard on every Aniolek knife:
- 8 3/4" total length, 3 1/2" blade (Perfect for carving wood, cutting meat, all-around use)
- 5.9 oz (Heavy enough to give the knife a good "feel" but not too heavy to carry)
- Full Tang (Blade will not break if used for prying)
- O1 Tool Steel (Easy and fast re-sharpening, holds fine edge)
- Flat Grind on Edge (Makes field sharpening simple)
- 4 Rivets in Handle (Exceptional strength and durability)
- Grooved Thumb Ramp (Non-slip contact for delicate work or for applying pressure)
- Lanyard Hole (Allows you to attach a wrist strap)
- Rear Pommel (Provides a flat surface for pounding or batoning)
- Front Rivet Lashing Hole (Lash knife to a stick to use as a spear)
- Ergonomic handle design (Comfortably fits any hand, from teenagers to large adults)
- Black G-10 handle (Bulletproof and looks great)
- Leather Sheath (Rugged; can be worn higher, strapped to belt or lower, on dangle loop)
-Your signature engraved and gold filled on the handle (No extra charge)
Convo us if you would like to personalize your knife with any of these options:
- Kydex Sheath with Tec Lock Attachment (Wear knife vertical or horizontal on your belt, $45)
- Personalized Drawing or Photo on the Blade (As shown in 2nd and 4th photos, $40)
- Maple Handle (Natural look with hard wood durability, $20)
- Strike Master Fire Steel (High Temp sparking fire starter, sized to fit either sheath, $25)