Design details include:
• a contoured, scooped neckline (in a wider, expanded-keyhole shape), trimmed out with vintage rick rack = black + white that glows in the dark!
• sleeveless, but with full-shoulder-coverage
• A-line shape (see last image for dress shape with belt off)
• big, front patch pocket (also rick rack trimmed: glow-in-the-dark + smaller black)
• separate, wide (2") elastic belt that's finished with a hand-made closure = hidden velcro under square tab that's embroidered with glow-in-the-dark thread
Fabric is vintage, knit (stretch) yardage that feels like a synthetic & natural-fiber blend (fiber burn test was inconclusive on this one, but I'd bet its got some poly, cotton, & a touch of washable wool in it: not at all itchy, just nice & dense & soft). True color is a bright peach-meets-coral orange-pink.
A few last handmade construction details:
• dress is slip-on (no closures, but plenty of room & stretch for the on & off)
• neckline & armholes are finished with a self-fabric facing (partial lining) that's securely blind-stitched in place inside for a perfectly-in-place edge. Bottom hem is serged, rolled, and top-stitched in black with a fancy, stretch zigzag stitch.
• all interior seams are fully finished (serger overlock), so this dress is easy-care: machine wash & tumble dry (fabric's been pre-washed to test this), no ironing needed!
• Bust = 47 inches around (totally flat), 52 inches around (comfortably stretched), 56 inches around (at maximum stretch)
• Waist = 48 inches (flat), 53 inches (comfy stretch), 59 inches (max)
• Hips = 56 inches (flat), 61 inches (comfy stretch), 66 inches (max)
• Length = 36.5 inches from scooped neckline to bottom edge (at center back), from back shoulder to bottom edge is 38.5" long
• Belt = 2 inches wide by 37 inches long (totally flat), 45 inches (comfy stretch), and 56 inches long at maximum stretch
(clothing "sizes" are totally bogus, so I suggest comparing these measurements to those of a dress you already own+love or to your body+2 or 3 inches of wearing-ease; you can also send me a convo if you'd like more measurements or have fitting questions & I'd be happy to give you personalized advice)
Oh, and check out Hissyfit's Policies page for more info about the usual payment/shipping/refund ba-jazz, as well as tips on how to measure for your best fit & place a custom-order (imagine, a version of this design made in your fave colors & custom-fit to your body!) = http://www.etsy.com/shop/hissyfitoly/policy
(measuring & custom-order info are at the bottom of this page)
(click "show item details" below to see the full, handmade materials list)
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.