Perfect for planting mosses or other plants that like humid environments.
Ever since I can remember my mother has cultivated a little moss garden, which we used to decorate the house during different times of the year. Unfortunately since I left home I have always lived in small apartments. With no outside space to satisfy my green urges, I began to create terrariums to bring the green inside.
This teardrop terrarium is modified so that is is entirely enclosed, with a hinged door to get inside. By keeping the door closed it creates a micro-environment, and within a few days of planting it will feel slightly humid inside the glass. This terrarium has a versatile shape, allowing you to hang it up or sit it anywhere you like. It will arrive as a kit, with almost all the supplies you need to get started. Inside the terrarium is a muslin pouch with pebbles, activated charcoal and a few suggestions for how to get your terrarium started. If you want to plant moss inside you will also find some tips on moss foraging. Besides moss, this is a great style for any humidity loving plants.
This terrarium comes in silver or with a copper patina, so please let me know your preference when ordering (see photos for color options). Chains are available here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABJglassworks?section_id=11386887
Width: 4 1/4"
Depth: 4 1/8"
I found this video on Design*Sponge helpful when I first started planting terrariums: http://www.designsponge.com/2009/07/diy-project-sprout-home-terrarium-how-to-video.html
* for more terrariums and chains for hanging check here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABJglassworks?section_id=11386887 *
* plants and soil are not included *
* eco friendly lead-free solder used to create a safe micro-environment for plants *
* all items are handmade by Ashley Bram-Johnson in Philadelphia, PA *
Hanging Teardrop Glass Terrarium with Door -- moss terrarium -- stained glass terrarium -- terrarium supplies -- eco friendly
- Handmade item
- Materials: glass, solder, copper, kit, muslin, pebbles, activated charcoal, terrarium kit, terrarium supplies, instructions
- Feedback: 190 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Pennsylvania, United States