Scheibler are noted as the maker of extraordinary hollowware and their items are prized by collectors. This set is an extraordinary example of their skill in design and creation. See the second photo for a detailed shot of their breath-taking artistry.
If tea isn't your thing, don't forget that you can use this set for many other things - coffee and hot chocolate are the obvious. But why not use the teapot instead of a pitcher the next time you serve mixed drinks. The sugar and creamer could hold garnishes and syrups to add to your delightful mix.
Imagine pouring a basic Pimm's into your glass from the pot, then drizzling in a pomegranate syrup to suit your taste from the creamer, and accenting it with a spring of mint served from the sugar bowl. Cheers!
The teapot is 9 inches (22.86 cm) to the top of the finial. The sugar bowl is 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) to the top of its finial. The milk jug is 5 inches (12.7 cm) to the top of the rim. The entire set is in excellent condition. All three pieces are monogrammed. The only item of note is a loose pin near one of the handle insulators, this can easily be tightened up by a silversmith. To provide you with some perspective, in one photo is the back of my standard-sized business card 3.5 x 2 inches (8.9 x 5 cm).
1. Shipping charge overages in excess of $1.00 are always refunded.
2. The price of these items carefully takes into account a host of factors including: age, maker, scarcity, and especially condition. Many are the only example currently for sale. Please feel free to do some comparison shopping.
3. All items are sold on a first come, first serve basis. If you are really serious about something, but need a bit of time to deliberate, please feel free to ask me to RESERVE it for you. I'm happy to reserve items for up to 24 hours. Simply convo'ing me with questions does not let me know the extent of your interest. Frequently multiple people are simultaneously asking about the same piece.
4. Unless otherwise stated, every item offered by Silver Magpies is sterling silver (i.e 925). If a piece is not sterling it is clearly labelled. Occasionally I offer pieces of silver-plate and silver items made from other standards of silver i.e. 800, 830, 900, 950, etc.
5. Each item offered has been personally hand inspected, researched and cataloged. Every piece is accompanied to its new home by a curator card recording details of provenance, origin and identity in words and photographs.
6. In contrast to other dealers, my pieces are never machine buffed to re-create a mirror-bright shine as Silver Magpies cherishes and celebrates the living finish of silver. Every Silver Magpies piece is carefully hand-polished. Patina, that lovely soft, grey sheen indicative of use and care, is the jewel in the crown of antique and vintage silver’s many charms. Discerning collectors prize patina, and its loss through over-zealous hand or machine polishing is to be lamented.
7. Don't forget you can add this item to your Silver Magpies gift registry! Find all the details here, just copy and paste this address into your browser: http://www.silvermagpies.com/gift-registry/
8. All photographs and descriptions © Silver Magpies. All rights reserved.
9. For a complete look at my shop policies click here - http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverMagpies/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies