This listing is for 2 original crochet patterns by June Gilbank. With these two patterns, you'll be able to crochet a complete set of giant d20 system gaming dice!
(Please note: if you're only interested in the 5 Platonic solid ball shapes, not making them into dice, you can save money by looking for my POLYHEDRAL BALLS crochet pattern instead of buying this multipack.)
***** PATTERN 1 DETAILS *****
The Polyhedral Balls pattern includes crochet patterns to make all 5 Platonic solids: Tetrahedron (4 sides); Cube (6 sides); Octahedron (8 sides); Dodecahedron (12 sides); Icosahedron (20 sides).
- All 5 finished balls are approximately the same size
- Special construction and edging techniques to keep the sides relatively flat
- A no-sew pattern: 100% crocheted and minimal ends to weave in
- Yarn and stuffing only (no hidden reinforcements) - so it's completely child-safe
This modular pattern is 16 pages long and includes:
- Crochet instructions for the 5 component shapes
- A step-by-step photo tutorial for how to crochet the special edging
- Right- and left-handed step-by-step assembly diagrams, if you'd like to assemble your balls in the same order I did (leaving the minimum number of ends to weave in)
- Tips for speedier assembly and less yarn ends
- A special technique to improve the look of the finished corners
To save on paper and ink, you can choose to print only the pages with the pieces you need. If all you want to print is the crochet patterns for the 5 component shapes, that's all included on one page!
***** PATTERN 2 DETAILS *****
The Gaming Dice Expansion Pack includes:
- The crochet pattern and assembly diagrams for the pentagonal trapezohedron (aka d10 shape!)
- Full numbering diagrams to accompany the assembly diagrams (for the d10 and all 5 of the original Polyhedral Balls set), in right- and left-handed versions
- Tips and suggestions for numbering the dice with fabric paint or embroidery
- Templates for the felt numerals I used for my sample dice
***** DETAILS FOR BOTH PATTERNS *****
Size: All balls are approx 3.5-4" (9-10cm) in diameter
Yarn: worsted weight yarn
A harder, more robust yarn (e.g. normal non-soft acrylics, or cotton) creates stiffer, more rigid balls, that don't bulge out too much when stuffed. For my samples, I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby yarns.
Hook: E US/3.5mm crochet hook (use the smallest hook you can comfortably manage with the yarn you choose - you may need a smaller hook with a softer/lighter weight yarn)
This pattern will be e-mailed as a PDF file to the email address you have on file with Etsy, unless you request delivery to a different email address. I will email your patterns(s) within 24-48hrs of payment wherever possible - please check your Spam folder if you don't see my email!
All PlanetJune patterns include detailed written instructions together with clear step-by-step photos to demonstrate assembly and any special techniques or other potentially confusing parts. Would you like to see examples of my pattern style and quality?
- Free patterns: www.planetjune.com/free
- Crochet tutorials: www.planetjune.com/help
- Please note: this is a PDF crochet pattern file that includes a detailed written description and crochet instructions, with clear step-by-step photos (where necessary), to show how to make the pictured item. You are NOT buying the completed item. All sales are final.
- My patterns are written in English language, using standard (US) crochet terminology.
- All my patterns include unlimited support from me via email!
- You MAY NOT sell, trade or share this pattern with anyone else.
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern provided you credit me (June Gilbank, PlanetJune) as the designer.
Please message me prior to purchase if you need any other information, or email me at any time after purchase if you have any questions about the pattern, or need any assistance!
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.