Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
This adorable bird bath is hand sculpted out of porcelain clay and glazed in a beautiful apple green. Sweet little love birds are perched on the edge of the dish. Recycled glass is melted in the bottom to make it look like it has water in it.
As with all handmade pottery...every piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. I never use molds and make each, one at a time. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. All my dishes are food, dishwasher and microwave safe but hand washing is always recommended. Each piece is signed Back Bay Pottery and my initials.
Perfect for holding jewelry, soap dish or even a little candy dish... Use your imagination...
This listing is for a one (1) bird bath dish. READY TO SHIP
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
WRAPPING - Your items come carefully wrapped in a Back Bay Pottery Signature gift box & a pretty string. Ready for gift giving to yourself or someone you love.
Love Birds Bath - Crackle Aqua Glass - Ring Catcher Home Decor - OOAK Apple Green - Ready to Ship
- Handmade item
- Materials: pottery, clay, glaze, ceramic, porcelain, stoneware, love, recycled clay, back bay pottery
- Made to order
- Feedback: 817 reviews
- Ships worldwide from California, United States