Sorry, this item sold. Have Electronico make something just for you, or try these other items:
We have taken six genuine N.O.S. (new old stock) Russian type IN-16 Nixie tubes from the Cold War Era and created an art form time piece that is sure to please even the most particular Nixie tube clock aficionado. Nixie tube clocks blend the spirit, drama and eerie beauty of cold war technology.
This clock is micro controller controlled. The quartz oscillator used is a low-drift temperature-compensated type, giving accurate time for years to come. High voltage is supplied by a high efficiency switching power supply. It is powered by the included high efficiency switching 12 volt D.C. adapter for North American mains. The Nixie tubes are type IN-16 tubes. Nixie tubes, unlike other vacuum tubes, do not have a filament. This has two major impacts on the operational characteristics of the clock. Nixie tubes produce very little heat, and as such, do not require the kind of ventilation that other vacuum tubes need to function. Also, the tubes' operational lifetimes are greatly extended past that of regular vacuum tubes.
We have taken some of the old technology and blended it with modern day electronics to produce a piece that is truly unique. This clock measures 7.0 inches X 2.85 inches X 2.75 inches which can be perfect on your dresser as well as on the desk in your home or office.
The case is finished in a clear lacquer finish and made from solid oak (no veneer). The top and bottom is shiny black acrylic. There are four soft plastic bumpers on the bottom to protect your table or desk.
Nixie tube prices have climbed steadily over the years and they are becoming very hard to find. Since no more will ever be produced the value of these clocks should increase as well over time. Why not buy something that is beautiful, tells time and most likely will appreciate in value over the years? The choice is yours!....
- Nixie Clock
- Instruction Manual
- 12 Volt D.C. Adapter for North American mains. For worldwide operation a suitable 12 volt D.C. adapter rated at least 200Ma. with a 2.1mm plug is required. We have these in stock at no extra charge when purchasing the clock.
The following is the technical description:
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
- 12 or 24 hour modes
- Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY format
- Alarm, with programmable snooze period
- Programmable date display each minute
- Attractive LED tube lighting
- Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase
- Super-capacitor backup. Keeps time during short power outages
- Simple time setting using two buttons
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Five programmable neon colon settings (Flashing AM/PM indication,
illuminated AM/PM indication, both flashing, both on, both off)
- Maintains time during setup mode, eg. When changing between
Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely the set time
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes
or prevent sleep disturbance
- Separate modes for colon neons during night mode
- Standard or fading change of digits
- ‘Slot Machine’ cathode poisoning prevention routine
- All user preferences stored to non-volatile memory