Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Any way you use them these stylish horses are equestrian chic at its best. Sets of these figural knife rests are very rare to find. Sadly, over the years sets tend to get broken up into singles or pairs.
5 horses are in flawless condition, 1 has a slight loss of plate along the right flank. No monograms. Each horse is 3.25 inches (8.255 cm) long and .75 inches (1.90 cm) at the withers. To provide you with some perspective, in one photo is the back of my standard-sized business card 3.5 x 2 inches (8.9 x 5 cm).
1. Shipping charge overages in excess of $1.00 are always refunded.
2. The price of these items carefully takes into account a host of factors including: age, maker, scarcity, and especially condition. Many are the only example currently for sale. Please feel free to do some comparison shopping.
3. Unless otherwise stated, every item offered by Silver Magpies is sterling silver (i.e 925). If a piece is not sterling it is clearly labelled. Occasionally I offer pieces of silver-plate and silver items made from other standards of silver i.e. 800, 830, 900, 950, etc.
4. Each item offered has been personally hand inspected, researched and cataloged. Every piece is accompanied to its new home by a curator card recording details of provenance, origin and identity in words and photographs.
5. In contrast to other dealers, my pieces are never machine buffed to re-create a mirror-bright shine as Silver Magpies cherishes and celebrates the living finish of silver. Every Silver Magpies piece is carefully hand-polished. Patina, that lovely soft, grey sheen indicative of use and care, is the jewel in the crown of antique and vintage silver’s many charms. Discerning collectors prize patina, and its loss through over-zealous hand or machine polishing is to be lamented.
6. Don't forget you can add this item to your Silver Magpies gift registry!
Find all the details here, just copy and paste this address into your browser: http://www.silvermagpies.com/gift-registry/
7. All photographs and descriptions © Silver Magpies. All rights reserved.
8. For a complete look at my shop policies click here - http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverMagpies/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies