These beautiful Seahorses are hand sculpted out of smooth stoneware clay and glazed in a creamy french white. They have the words "Mr. Mrs." hand stamped into them.
These will last many lifetimes & can be passed down to future generations. After the ceremony they can be placed next to your wedding photo or on your bookshelf.
As with all my handmade pottery...every piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. I never use molds and make each, one at a time. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. Each piece is signed Back Bay Pottery and my initials.
Each Seahorse Measures Approximately:
I will be happy to accommodate if you need a different size. Please send me a message ahead of time.
This listing is for two (2) Seahorses.
The Mr. & Mrs. ones are READY TO SHIP!
Photo #4 shows other cake toppers available.
In house production time is 3-4 weeks for made to order items.
Please review shop policies before purchasing.
NEED A GIFT and CAN'T WAIT?? https://www.etsy.com/listing/117999176/gift-notification-card-from-back-bay
The pair comes safely nested in a Back Bay Pottery Signature Gift Box stuffed with Kraft crinkle paper. They are shipped in a larger box with packing materials to insure a safe delivery.
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Porcelain Seahorse Wedding Cake Topper - MR and MRS - Custom Personalized - French White - Handmade Ceramic - Ready to Ship
- Handmade item
- Materials: pottery, clay, glaze, ceramic, porcelain, stoneware, love
- Made to order
- Feedback: 851 reviews
- Ships worldwide from California, United States