Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
* THIS VINTAGE 1950s / early 1960s BROOKS BROTHERS NO. 1 SACK SUIT IS A COLLECTOR'S PIECE FOR THE SERIOUS TRAD / IVY LEAGUE ENTHUSIAST. IT HAS THE CORRECT VINTAGE BROOKS BROTHERS LABEL WITH THE WHITE BLOCK LETTERS ON A BLACK BACKGROUND AND THE UNION LABEL OF THE TYPE USED BETWEEN 1949 AND 1962. *
ESSENTIAL Vintage 1950s / 1960s Brooks Brothers MAKERS No. 1 Sack Suit in Solid Navy Blue 41 S. Made in USA.
DESCRIPTION: This vintage Brooks Brothers sack suit features 3 inch lapels, unpadded natural shoulders, and an undarted front. It is single-breasted and single-vented with a three-button (3/2) roll closure and two decorative buttons on the sleeves. It is quarter lined for greater air circulation and the interior features finished seams. It has two interior pockets, an outer chest pocket, and two outer flap pockets at the hips.
The trousers are FLAT FRONT with two on-seam hip pockets, a watch pocket, and two rear pockets (left rear pocket with button closure). There are seven belt loops and a belt prong loop above the fly. They fasten with an exterior hook and tab closure and an interior button closure. Zip fly (with stainless steel TALON zipper). Cuffed.
* This is the ICONIC Brooks Brothers No. 1 Sack Suit. It is a collector's piece that is still totally wearable. It is a wardrobe staple in solid navy blue and suitable for any business or professional setting. It is a piece of classic American menswear history. Whoever purchases this suit will not be disappointed. Period.*
CONDITION: 8.5 / 10. Considering that this suit is at least 50+ years old, it is in remarkable condition and totally wearable.
* There is a small amount of wear to the very tip of the left sleeve cuff directly below the cuff buttons (please see inset detail at top of fourth picture marked with a white stick pin). *
* There are areas of wear at the pocket openings of the trousers (please see inset details at top of fifth picture marked with white stick pins). *
SIZING / MEASUREMENTS: The suit jacket is marked a size 41 SK. The trousers are marked a size 36 SK.
However, PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE SPECIFIC MEASUREMENTS THAT I HAVE LISTED BELOW AND COMPARE THEM AGAINST A SUIT JACKET OR SPORT COAT AND TROUSERS THAT FIT YOU WELL TO ENSURE AN ACCURATE FIT.
Shoulder (shoulder seam to shoulder seam across back): 17 1/2 inches.
Chest (armpit to armpit across front x 2): 44 inches.
Waist (side seam to side seam across front x 2): 42 inches.
Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 25 inches.
Length (from BOTTOM of rear collar to bottom of rear hem): 31 1/2 inches.
Waist: 36 inches.
Rise: 13 inches.
Inseam: 30 inches (with 1 1/4 TOTAL inches of extra material).
Outseam: 42 inches (with the same 1 1/4 TOTAL inches of extra material as the inseam).
Thigh: 13 inches.
Knee: 11 inches.
Leg Opening: 9 1/2 inches.
Cuffs: 1 3/4.
* Please note that on trousers with a high rise, the inseam alone may not be indicative of the overall length of the leg (which may actually fall a little longer due to the length of the rise). It may be worthwhile to compare the outseam of a pair of trousers with a high rise that fit you comfortably against the measurements listed above. *
This shop listing is ONLY for the item SPECIFICALLY DESCRIBED in the item description... not the shelves... not the men's hat my wife likes to wear sometimes (or the empty pickle jar it's sitting on)... not the framed vintage Orvis colorplate & caption of dragonfly lures... not my writing desk... not my work briefcases... not the shirt... not the tie... not the pocket square... not my belt... not my right shoe... and not Perry, the mannequin. Thanks! -M-