These beautiful dishes are made from a dark red stoneware clay & gazed in my Aqua Mist color. It is sure to compliment any decor. The rim is hand textured with a special slip trailing technique & the glaze gently breaks through to reveal the design. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. These would work great for serving as well.
The dishes are made one at a time so each piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different color variations, sizes and shapes. All my dishes are food, dishwasher and microwave safe.
Large Dinner Plates 11" diameter
Deep Salad Plates 9" diameter, 1 1/2" deep
Bowls 5" diameter, 3" deep
Dessert/Bread Plates 4 1/2" diameter
This listing is for four (4) of each Large Dinner Plates, Deep Salad Plates, Bowls, Dessert Plates.
For a total of sixteen (16) pieces. MADE TO ORDER
Each piece is signed & dated.
My lead time is 3-4 weeks from time of ordering.
Please read my policies before purchasing.
NEED A GIFT and CAN'T WAIT?? https://www.etsy.com/listing/117999176/gift-notification-card-from-back-bay
Type in "Dinnerware" in my shops search box for all the matching pieces.
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
PACKAGING - Each item is carefully packaged in bubble wrap and heavy duty boxes to insure a safe delivery.
INSURANCE & DELIVERY CONFIRMATION is included in shipping price.
INTERNATIONAL - Please contact me for international shipping prices.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.