Were you born or raised or lived at some point in Louisiana? If so, this is the perfect unique item for you to wear! Do you have a family member or friend with roots in Louisiana? If so, this would be a unique gift to give that person.
The Louisiana wooden map piece is in excellent condition, and a locking pinback has been securely fastened to the back, so that this piece of history becomes wearable. The size of the brooch [at widest/longest points] is 1-3/4" x 2".
When you purchase this brooch, it will come packaged with cardstock containing a close-up picture of the 1915 at the bottom of the puzzle, and a brief history of the 1915 puzzle. This will let you, or the person you are giving this unique brooch to, know that this is a piece of American history that can be worn with pride.
The brooch/lapel pin is from my pet-free and smoke-free home and has not been worn. The last picture shows the state of Florida brooch (my own) worn as an accessory.
Need a unique gift idea for a friend, colleague or loved one who is a US native? You undoubtedly have American-born friends, loved ones or colleagues who have roots in the US state they were born in, and they might really appreciate a unique & affordable gift that is a piece of wearable history. If you are a politician, you represent a certain state in the halls of Congress or the state Legislature, and you would stand out from your colleagues with a wearable history lapel pin of your state! I have hundreds of US State brooches/lapel pins available - all are upcycled wood puzzle pieces from 1887 through the 1970s era. If you go to the link for my shop www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs and then in the search bar at top that is titled "This Shop", type in a state name, everything I have available for that state will appear in the search results. NOTE: the other US state brooches available in my shop are in this section - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
View other items in my shop - www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs or browse through sections of my shop:
* USA History wood brooches/lapel pins - all upcycled wood pieces: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
* Global history wood brooches/lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5550578
* Original fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533893
* Fashion accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533891
* Handmade brooches and lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609356
* Vintage fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533889
* Handmade home decor items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533895
* Vintage home decor finds: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533890
* Handmade holiday themed items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609354
* Handmade paper goods: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=7018419
Thank you for looking!