The smaller size uses 6 inch squares and the larger size uses 8 inch squares.
1. Send me 16 items. You can use your child's old baby clothes, blankets, bibs, hospital hat, burp cloths, swimsuits, costumes, etc. I can use one outfit for more than one square if you don't have enough items.
2. Decide if you will buy the fabric or if you want me to.
3. If you buy your own fabric, include it with the clothing. Measurements are listed below. I normally choose a smaller print for the inside border, which is one inch and a bolder print for the outside border, which is five inches. I can purchase the batting here to save on shipping. I will add the cost of batting to the total.
4. If you want me to purchase the fabric, include $30 to cover the cost of materials and include your cell phone number. It is helpful to know what fabric you have in mind. Please tell me two or three colors that you want me to use and any preferences such as stripes, polka dots, plaids, bright colors, pastels, etc. I use one color for between the shirts and another for the outside border. You can use the fabric of the outside border for the back or you can choose to use something soft like minky fabric or fleece. I highly recommend ultra cuddle fleece. It is the softest fabric I've found. I will let you know when I plan on going to the fabric store and I will text you 5-10 different fabric choices. You can text me which one you like best. I often use 40% off coupons and I get an additional 15% off everything because I am a teacher. This helps keep the costs down for you, which is always a good thing!
5. Once I have the clothing and materials, I can get it back to you within a month. If there is a deadline, just let me know and I will make sure you get it back by then.
6. I prefer that you pay upon completion. Once the quilt is finished, I will put a custom order on my page for you along with a picture of the quilt.
7. I will ship it back as soon as the payment clears. Please include your address because it doesn't always match the address listed on Paypal.
Please note, these quilts are tied, not quilted.
Here are the measurements if you want to buy your own fabric:
36 x 36 size
inside border: 1 yard
outside border: 1 1/4 yards
back: 1 1/4 yards
45 x 45 size
inside border: 1 1/4 yards
outside border: 1 1/3
back: 1 1/3
The last quilt pictured was made out of mens button up shirts. It was a memory quilt made from the baby's grandfather's clothing after he passed away.