OWN AN ORIGINAL . “1898 Trans-Mississippi $1 Western Cattle in Storm
( as in Scott # 292) INTAGLIO ETCHING PRINT
This stamp is a rare gem, dramatic in it's simplicity and exquisite in it's engraving. I spent along time working on this print and considerable time looking at the original painting by J. McWhiter "The Vanguard". His version depicts the lead bull with cautious dignity, something I have tried to recapture in this print.
This item is an original handmade artwork, part of a series in which I redraw Classic stamps as closely in style and rendering as possible.
1. All of these prints are intaglios like the classic stamps.(not offset or digital mass production!)
2. I produce 8 inch x 10 inch etching plates, printing them in similar color as the originals and then cut these prints to mimic the perforations or imperforations as needed.
3. All printing plates are hand drawn, and hand printed.
4. Each print is original and takes about one hour to print.
5. This is a signed limited edition print of these images as “mint”. Edition of 100 signed and dated
6. Image size 6 inches by 10 inches
I am an artist, printmaker and stamp collector. I teach Intaglio Printmaking, Drawing, Painting and Art History at a College in Florida. Stamps are one of the reasons I became an artist and printmaker. As a child, looking at minuet stamp images excited me, inspired me, and sparked my interest in the engraving process. I have won awards in regional, national, and international competitions and have had shows in the US, Canada, Russia, Hong Kong and Uruguay. My work is also include in four Museum Collections.
These prints will be custom made and will be shipped in flat in cardboard. These are not framed or matted. If you are interested please contact me.