I 'recycled' this journal cover from a section of a landscape quilt I decided not to complete. The section was of a waterhole surrounded by sand and rocks, with the water reflecting (in muted tones) the deep blue sky and red gorges of the northern Australian landscape. Each journal cover in this series emphasizes a different part of this scene -- this one features the reflected gorges in the water, giving an orange/apricot effect.
I appliqued various cotton and batik fabrics, then free motion stitched all over the fabric using a combination of silver metallic thread and various rayon threads. The journal cover is lined in a matching soft cream fabric.
The finished journal cover measures 13 x 8.75 in (33 x 22 cm) when opened out, and can take a journal or notebook up to 6.5 x 8.5 in (16 x 21.5 cm; or A5).
Fabric protector has been added.
To keep postage and shipping to a reasonable rate, I DO NOT provide a notebook/journal with the cover -- the photos with the notebook inserted are only to illustrate how it looks.
Made in a smoke-free, pet-free and child-free home.
Related items in this series:
* Water reflections 1 journal cover: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37691389
* Water reflections 2 journal cover: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37691782
* Water reflections 3 journal cover: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37691907
* Water reflections 4 journal cover: (to come)
* Water reflections 6 journal cover: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37692148
* Water reflections bookmark: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37692115
* Water reflections luggage tag: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37691721
I can make these in any color -- check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit where you'll find more than 200 photos of fabrics in my stash, arranged by color and theme. Then click Request Custom Item on the right sidebar of my Etsy home page: http://RhondaMadeIt.etsy.com and let me know what you'd like.