Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
I usually teach this as a two day class, as I am a big believer in 'Practice Makes Perfect', especially when it comes to Soldering. I charge $175.00 per class, (supplies available to use in class) so this is a real bargain! With these instructions, your own supplies and patience, you too can create master-pieces!
To see what some of my students have created with these techniques as well as peek at pieces I have made, please go to my blog:
and look at my sidebar 'categories' for "castle classes" and "ulla's art". You will need to scroll down a bit to find the reliquary class items, but I promise you it will be worth the search! The possibilities are endless!
I have divided this PDF into sections that include:
* Supplies needed (including suppliers)
* Reliquary A - This house shape reliquary has all straight edges and will have a photo inside.
* Reliquary B - This circle shaped reliquary uses one long curved edge and will have a photo inside of it.
* Reliquary C - This reliquary will be in a more classic style (similar to antique reliquaries). It will have both straight and curved edges, a red fabric interior, and mixed media elements on the inside - including Quilling, Dresden, and Bullion.
* Basic Soldering Skills, including: Tinning, Fluxing, Soldering, 2 ways to solder on rings, and cleaning your reliquaries.
* Wax seals using seals and sealing wax
* One whole page on 'Trouble-shooting'
Plus 3 attachements with, shape ideas, images to use for inside and background images.
*2 part soldering iron (iron and temperature control)
*Soldering Iron stand
*Lead free solder
*Flux paste and a stiff art brush
*Copper Foil tape (1 roll of 1\/2 inch, 5\/16, or 3\/8” wide)
*Sol Ammoniac Bar for cleaning
*Scissors, plain and decorative scallop
*Bone folder or fid
*Aleene’s Tacky Glue or similar glue
*IRWIN 4inch plastic vice grips, find at major hardware store
*Cork backed ruler
*Xacto knife with sharp #11 blades
*Black Matt Board
*Glass cleaner and soft rags
*Small jewelers pliers
*Small jump rings
OPTIONAL: colored chalks, small scallop scissors, and\/or scallop rotary cutter, heavy duty paper cutter that will cut matt board, craft mat or heat resistant board to solder on
EXAMPLE C: red fabric, mixed media, quilling paper, Dresden, Bullion
PDF is designed to fit standard letter size paper, (8.5" x 11") and A4 size paper
Note: I find that the better the paper you have the better the copies you will get. I use 'Matte Photo Paper' whenever possible, especially for image printing.
© Ulla Norup Milbrath 2010 All rights reserved
You may reproduce the finished product of this tutorial for fun and profit. Forwarding, reproducing or selling this tutorial is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER Soldering can be dangerous. Your safety is up to you, and you take full responsibility for any damage or injury caused by these instructions, whether as an act of omission or commission on your part or mine. By reading and\/or using these instructions you take full responsibility and release me from all liability. I always appreciate any feedback or comments on my tutorials.