This lesson will first teach you how to build the frame shown in these pictures. After that, I will show you how I build and sculpt a tree using your fingers and pliers, ultimately using it to lock the stone into the frame. I'll also teach you a simple and very effective way to secure the back of the piece.
Project difficulty: Advanced
This lesson utilizes the following tools and materials:
• 14g or 16g soft round wire for frame
• 20g soft round wire for bail – appx 8”
• 22g soft round wire for tree – appx 7’
• 1 stone (doesn’t matter if it’s drilled or not)
• Flat nose pliers – 2 pairs are helpful, and they should be coated or taped
• Round nose pliers
• Wire cutters
• Chain nose pliers
• Bail pliers
• Chasing Hammer – Bench block
• Tape measure
• Sharpie marker
This was a very hard lesson to write. Creating a tree is not a fine science. It's an act of artistic expression, similar to making a vase out of clay. I visually take you through my creative journey through one pendant. Every tree is different, as it should be. My goal is to provide you with enough knowledge to get you started on your own journey with making these beautiful tree of life pendants.