I created my Cell Phone Bag for a customer who wanted a mini-purse that would serve as a wallet, key chain, and cell phone pouch. The resulting design has proved to be a favorite among my customers.
The finished size of the bag is 3-3/4" wide by 5" tall.
There are THREE SEPARATE COMPARTMENTS in this bag!!
1. The main compartment of the pouch can be used for your iPod/MP3 player, or you can stash some cash and credit cards in there.
2. The front pocket - this is where I keep my cell phone. It is so quick and easy to access your phone - the pocket is covered by a flap with a hidden magnet closure (no noisy velcro!) **The magnet WILL NOT damage your phone!**
3. In addition, there is a zippered pocket on the back - if you prefer to keep your cash & cards in a spot with the added security of a zipper closure.
The strap is attached via a swivel hook at each end, providing multiple configurations:
- Leave strap attached to both ends as shown, and carry as a small handbag
- Hook both onto one side of the pouch and use it as a wristlet
- Completely detach, and add in a extra long-strap to be worn across the body messenger style for a totally hands-free approach (the extra-long strap is $4; convo me for this item)
Since designing this pouch, I rarely shop with a large purse anymore. My key chain is attached to my pouch (via the swivel hook). I find that if my phone and keys are always in the same place, I'm less likely to lose or misplace either of them!