Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Not only will you be on top of a cloud, you'll be on top of all the continents of earth, the terrestrial and jovian planets, the sun, spiral galaxy NGC 4414, a huge comet, the Milky Way, and an assortment of meteors and asteroids, and layers of regular fluffy clouds. The thing is, all these shapes have been made into clouds, so that you can twirl around light as air!
The sundress is strapless, and laces up the back. There are three twirly layers to the skirt. The bottom layer of the skirt has each of the continents - rendered in cloud images. The middle skirt layer is covered with fluffy clouds, and the top layer has (in order from right to left) Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Yeah, I know poor little Pluto was demoted to Plutoid, but I protest that decision, and Pluto is proudly one of the planets on the dress. The front side bodice pieces have more of the fluffy clouds on them. The center front of the bodice has Spiral Galaxy NGC 4414 front and center, with meteors and asteroids scattered down the rest of the front. The back panel of the dress has the sun on one side and a large comet streaking through the sky on the other side. Just below the waistline is the Milky Way, and there are also more meteors and asteroids scattered across the back as well. I've signed the dress on the bottom skirt layer.
The stretch denim dress measurements are:
* Bust (adjustable because back laces up): 32-36" (81.28-91.44 cm)
* Waist (stretches): 26-30" (66.04-76.2 cm)
* Drop waist (above hips/skirt): 32-36" (81.28-91.44 cm)
* Back zipper (below corset lacing): 5" (12.7 cm)
* Dress length: 27" (68.58 cm)
* Diameter of bottom layer of skirt: 100" (254 cm)
I painted the denim with multiple colors of white, silver and many shades of blue. I used acrylic textile paints, and the paint has cured and been heat-set.
Care is either dry clean or turn inside out and hand wash and hang to dry (ribbon hang strips are sewn inside the dress). The denim can be pressed, but is not the terribly wrinkly type of denim.
This unique fashion - one-of-a-kind wearable art dress - is from my pet-free and smoke-free home and has not been worn.
View other items in my shop - www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs or browse through sections of my shop:
* USA History wood brooches/lapel pins - all upcycled wood pieces: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
* Upcycled 50s-60s UK wood brooches/lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5550578
* Original fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533893
* Fashion accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533891
* Handmade brooches and lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609356
* Vintage fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533889
* Handmade home decor items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533895
* Vintage home decor finds: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533890
* Handmade holiday themed items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609354
* Handmade paper goods: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=7018419
Thank you for looking!
Astral Travel Denim Sundress / Cloud 9 / Hand Painted Wearable Art / Blue - White Clouds - Continents - Planets - Galaxy / OOAK Fashion
- Handmade item
- Color: Blue
- Materials: upcycled stretch denim, thread, acrylic textile paints
- Feedback: 563 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Florida, United States