Heavenly Handspinning brings you:
BELLUS - Double Treadle Spinning Wheel
Please allow approximately 7 business days for wheel to ship out.
Heavenly Handspinning Spinning was born out of a desire to offer people an alternative to what is available in spinning wheels today. I began spinning (with a drop spindle) a couple of years ago and found myself really enjoying it. Wanting to try my hand at spinning with a wheel, my search for an affordable wheel began. To be honest, I was overwhelmed with the expense involved in purchasing a wheel. All I really wanted was a faster, some what simpler way of adding twist to wool roving, so that I could make yarn and enjoy the yarn more readily. Our first wheel Fidelis was born out of that desire and we are now making Fidelis and other quality wheels available to everyone that has the same need for a lovely, all-wood spinning wheel that is very affordable.
Bellus (Beautiful/Charming)is a custom handcrafted spinning wheel that we’ve engineered to be simple and a beautiful addition to your home. Bellus’ frame is made completely out of hand-selected red oak and is doweled and screwed together for a rigid, solidly constructed unit. Bellus is delivered to you completely assembled less the spoked wheel. Out of the box you’ll be up and spinning in minutes.
Even the best of wheels out there, are made of plywood, but Bellus is solid red oak, no laminate and no pvc pipe. All the wood is hand crafted and hand selected for each and every wheel. One person only, makes your wheel, no assembly line. Bellus is made by someone that not only designed your wheel but is the maker of it as well. We are personally invested in your happiness in our products.
On all Heavenly wheels we use a spoked, precision ball bearing wheel for it's maintenance free aspect. The flyer is made of red oak as well, with easy to adjust spring clips to make level winding quick and easy. The flyer shaft is aluminum and very attractive against the red oak frame. The orifice of the flyer is 9/16 of an inch in diameter for an easy feed at any angle. Hooked flyers are available instead of the spring clips for an additional $15. Please contact me regarding purchasing instead of the clipped flyer.
Heavenly Handspinning's bobbins are very large for a wheel this size. The bobbin is 3 inches in diameter and has a 6-inch long core and is capable of holding in excess of 6 oz. Each bobbin has 66-nylon oil impregnated bearing so that there is no wear on the flyer shaft. You will receive three combination bobbins. Each bobbin has a ratio of 6:1, 9:1 and 13:1.
Bellus has the double treadle that many people enjoy, but at a very reasonable price.
Bellus offers the following:
· Single Drive - Irish tensioning
· 3 HH's bobbins that hold a minimum of 6 ounces
· Each bobbin has a nylon 66 oil impregnated bearing - for no wear on the flyer shaft
· Three standard combo bobbins of 6:1,9:1 and 13:1 ratio
· Threading hook that hangs attached to the front of the maiden
· Spring clip on the flyer - for ease of even yarn distribution on the bobbin. Hooked flyers are available for Bellus instead of spring clips for an additional $15.00. Please contact directly for purchase.
· Weighs little less than 10 pounds
· Orifice height is 24 inches and the diameter is 9/16ths of an inch wide
· Height is 28 inches x 16 and 1/2 inches wide x 14 inches deep
· Bellus arrives "naked as a jay bird" for your to finish.
· Additional bobbins are available for $9.00 a piece or a set of three for $24
If you have any questions, please email me and Thank You for looking :>) www.heavenlyhandspinning.com