These linen shopping bags imitate the design of the notorious plastic bag, but you can reuse them, wash them and fold'em up and store them in your everyday bag for easy access.
I have not added lining because I wanted it to be light and not take up much space in my everyday bag. I don't know about you but my main problem with reusable bags is that I forget them at home!
Linen is a very strong fabric by itself, will take up many machine washings and is easily ironed. Every stitch of this bag is reinforced. The frayed look at the edges is intentional and you don't have to worry if it affects the longevity of the bag. It's secured and controlled. Some extra fraying might accur after each washing, just cut the long threads with a pair of scissors. My bags will come to you pre-washed and ironed.
What you usually don't see in a plastic bag is the flap! Mine is decorated with some thrifted lace and a vintage button from my collection. It helps keep your bag closed and the contents out of the public eye, and also helps when you fold it up. Plus it's pretty :)
How to fold it:
1. Arrange so that you see the back of the flap.
2. Bring the two outer parts in the center.
3. Fold the bottom at the center.Starting from the bottom roll inwards, it creates a tube.
4. Use the hemp yarn to secure it, wraping it twice around the button.
This shopping bag measures:
Width: 12 1/3 inches (31 cm)
Height without the handles: 15 1/3 inches (39cm)
Height with the handles: 22 inches (56cm)
3 1/2 x 5 inches (9x13cm) when rolled and fits the palm of your hand
A smaller version of this bag is available too!
All shiping prices are for registered mail with a tracking number. Simple airmail is an option if you contact me.
* Paypal only for international orders.
* Buyers from Europe can pay with a bank transfer
* Για τους αγοραστες απο Ελλάδα υπάρχει και δυνατότητα αποστολης με αντικαταβολή (χρέωση +2,30 ευρω) και κατάθεση σε τραπεζικό λογαριασμό (χωρίς επιπλέον χρέωση).
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.