This will be a gift not soon forgotten.
An original not often offered Charles Hubbell lithograph. Prints from this year 1948 are extremely scarce.
* Up for sale is: 1948 Charles Hubbell Lithograph "England's First Jet Flight. May 15, 1941; Pilot- Flight Lieut. P.E. G. Sayer, RAF; Plane-Gloster E28/39; Span-29 ft.; Length-25 ft.; Weight-6000 lbs.; Maximum Speed-Over 300 mph; Power-One B.T. H. W1A Jet Engine." International shipping on this item is $29.00 securely packaged in a very large photo mailer. $8.75 USA Priority Mail shipping with delivery confirm.
* Approximate overall size is 16 5/8" x 14".
* Signed: Charles H. Hubbell in the print.
* Condition of this item: NMint, stored flat in archival quality sleeves.
* An original vintage aviation litho print that will be a memorable gift – or just a fantastic addition to your collection of vintage airplanes.
* Guaranteed old and original.
* Your print will be delivered in an archival quality sleeve with backing boards.
* s/h on this $8.75 Priority Mail within the USA including delivery confirmation. Please inquire as to International mailing.
Charles Hubbell was the world’s best-known artist-historian of the early air age. He began painting winners of the National Air Races for Thompson Products (which eventually became TRW) in 1939. These paintings were used for an annual calendar that Thompson Products produced. Each calendar featured a theme. Hubbell’s paintings were known for their extraordinary detail. During his 30-year association with TRW, Hubbell created 32 calendars and more than 375 individual oil paintings.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.