Know someone into the history of aviation, especially the big planes of WWII? This will be a gift not soon forgotten.
An original not often offered Charles Hubbell litho.
This print is 67 years old.
* Up for sale is: 1945 Charles Hubbell Lithograph "Boeing B-17G Superfortresses - US Army Air Forces - Bomber.." All stats for the plane are given.
* Approximate overall size is 16 5/8" x 14".
* Signed: Charles H. Hubbell in the print - not on the print. The original oils of these paintings are in the Smithsonian.
* Condition of this item: NMint, stored flat in archival quality sleeves.
* An original vintage aviation litho print that will be a memorable gift or just a fantastic addition to your collection of vintage airplanes.
* Guaranteed old and original from the date stated above.
* Your print will be delivered in an archival quality sleeve with backing boards.
* s/h on this $9.00 Priority Mail within the USA including delivery confirmation. Due to rise in postal rates, No International shipping on this item due to high cost.
Charles Hubbell was the world's best-known artist-historian of the early air age. He began painting winners of the National Air Races for Thompson Products (which eventually became TRW) in 1939. These paintings were used for an annual calendar that Thompson Products produced. Each calendar featured a theme. Hubbells paintings were known for their extraordinary detail. During his 30-year association with TRW, Hubbell created 32 calendars and more than 375 individual oil paintings.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.