Know someone into the history of aviation, especially those awesome fighter jets of the 1950s? This will be a gift not soon forgotten.
An original not often offered Charles Hubbell litho.
This lithograph is 64 years old.
* Up for sale is: 1950 Charles Hubbell Lithograph "North American B-45 Tornado...USAF" All stats for the plane are given.
* Approximate overall size is 16 5/8" x 14".
* Signed: Charles H. Hubbell in the print - not on the print. The original oils of these are in the Smithsonian. As far as I know, these are not limited edition prints; however, all that remain is all that there is.
* Condition of this item: NMint, a quality linen finish paper, stored flat in archival quality sleeves. Please note: These lithos are over one half century old and some may have the tiniest of edge wear/tears. This does not affect the quality or beauty of the overall print and in most cases will mat out.
* An original vintage aviation litho print that will be a memorable gift – or just a fantastic addition to your collection of vintage airplanes.
* Guaranteed old and original from the date stated above.
* Your print will be delivered in an archival quality sleeve with backing boards.
No international shipping due to extremely high cost.
Charles Hubbell was the world’s best-known artist-historian of the early air age. He began painting winners of the National Air Races for Thompson Products (which eventually became TRW) in 1939. These paintings were used for an annual calendar that Thompson Products produced. Each calendar featured a theme. Hubbell’s paintings were known for their extraordinary detail. During his 30-year association with TRW, Hubbell created 32 calendars and more than 375 individual oil paintings.
- Listed on Dec 23, 2013
- 155 views
- Add item to treasury