I purchased this vintage jacket in January, 1990 at a consignment boutique in Chicago, and added the trims and changed the buttons the same month. So, technically it is all "vintage" by Etsy standards but I'm listing it under the handmade category, as I am not a designer name.
I altered the jacket so that I could wear it over a black cashmere turtleneck and some skinny black velvet jeans that I had at the time. Later that year I moved to Florida, and since there's perhaps 1 out of 1,000 days in which our weather is cold enough to wear wool, I have not worn this jacket for years.
The jacket was from Hytken's in Louisville, Kentucky, and made from 100% Stroock Exclusive Fabric (Stroock was creator of America's most distinguished woolens). The lining color matches the woven wool color, and I think that it's a matte silk (or something very similar). The jacket is in excellent condition.
There are two pockets (the lower flaps) and two faux pockets (the upper flaps), and I covered those and the upper part of the collar with an outerwear black velvet. I also put trim of the black around the bottom of each sleeve. The original buttons were changed out for three large black round buttons.
This jacket style is a swing style, not meant to be fitted, and that's why I purchased it, so that the lower edge would swing around. The actual measurements are:
* Shoulder-to-shoulder: 15" (38.1cm)
* Bust: 42" (106.68cm)
* Length: 25" (63.5cm)
* Sleeve length: 22" (55.38cm)
The jacket has been stored unworn in my pet-free and smoke-free home for the last 20+ years and is in excellent condition!
View other items in my shop - www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs or browse through sections of my shop:
* USA History wood brooches/lapel pins - all upcycled wood pieces: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
* Global history wood brooches/lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5550578
* Original fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533893
* Fashion accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533891
* Handmade brooches and lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609356
* Vintage fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533889
* Handmade home decor items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533895
* Vintage home decor finds: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533890
* Handmade holiday themed items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609354
* Handmade paper goods: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=7018419
Thank you for looking!
Mustard Yellow Swing Jacket / Black Velvet Trim / Upcycled Vintage Fashion / Stroock Wool / Size Large / OOAK
- Vintage handmade item
- Materials: mustard yellow stroock wool swing jacket, black outerwear velvet, black round buttons, thread
- Feedback: 585 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Florida, United States