If you place your star in a sunny window, the special paper has a stained glass glowing effect that’s quite pretty.
I make the stars by hand-folding small squares of paper, overlaying the folded paper, and then gluing them together to create different patterns.
Each point (which includes two different color layers) involves 9 folds. With 16 points...that's 144 folds to make this intricate window star!
This star measures approximately 7 3/4 inches in diameter.
These stars look lovely on windows all year round.
The stars look wonderful in groups or by themselves.
This listing is for the red star only. The green star is pictured above to show the pattern a bit more clearly. The day that the picture of the red star was taken was stormy and quite dark.
What do customers say about Harvest Moon by Hand's stars?
- Gorgeous!! What an incredible find. Beautifully made and the service is fast and friendly.
- A Wonderful Transaction! Made With Real Love! THANK YOU! A++A++A Very Nice Seller!
- Thanks for your beautiful work.
- Truly gorgeous! You do beautiful work.
- I am a repeat customer and I am so happy with the quality of Harvest Moon by Hand's items....BUY!!
- Looks lovely in the window.
- High quality handwork.
- Very precise folding. Quality materials used. Beautiful to look at everyday with the sunlight streaming in through it!
- It's beautiful! Thank you so much for this custom piece - it's gorgeous. And great customer service too!
This item is made in a smoke-free home.
To enter Harvest Moon by Hand's shop, please click here:
To see more window stars that are available in Harvest Moon by Hand's shop please click here:
Red Mandala Waldorf Window Star
- Handmade item
- Materials: waxed paper, kite paper, glue, wax paper, transparent paper, natural materials, ecofriendly, child safe, kid safe, lead free, no lead, sustainable, recyclable
- Made to order
- Feedback: 818 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Minnesota, United States