✄ ABOUT THIS PROJECT:
Do you hate fumbling for wipes during diaper changes? This pouch features a window for your portable Huggies brand wipes container, so you can easily grab a wipe with one hand. On the other side of the pouch, you'll find a pocket for holding diapers. There is also room inside the pouch for an extra onesie, or for mom to put her wallet & keys for quick shopping trips. Top it off with an optional removable strap - easily attach it to your stroller, or use it like you would a purse - and you have the perfect accessory for moms!
Finished dimensions are: 11 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Suitable for those with at least basic sewing skills.
✄ SUPPLIES NEEDED:
· 5/8 yard of focus fabric (used to make the pockets – diaper pocket, wipes window pocket, and inside pocket)
· ½ yard coordinating fabric (used to make the flap)
· 5/8 yard 44/45” wide fusible fleece interfacing (I like Pellon brand #987)
· 4” heavy duty iron-on Velcro OR sew-in Velcro
· 4 16mm split rings* (like miniature key chain rings) – you will find these in the jewelry findings section of your local craft store (pictured in step 2.9) – OPTIONAL**
· 2 swivel hooks or lobster claws* (find these in the jewelry section of your craft store, or in the bag making area of your sewing notions area) (pictured in step 2.9) – OPTIONAL**
· disappearing ink marker or wash out pencil
· coordinating thread
*If you have a hard time finding 16mm split rings, you may substitute two ¾” or 1” D-rings for the split rings you use to sew the small straps onto the pouch (step 3.9). You will want to use a swivel hook or lobster claw with a flat bottom that you can sew the long strap directly on.
** Purchase split rings and swivel hooks/lobster claws only if you will be adding the optional strap to your diaper & wipes pouch.
✄ IS THIS SEWING PATTERN REALLY "EASY TO FOLLOW?"
Aivilo Charlotte Sewing Patterns are written in everyday English, as if a friend were telling you how to sew, with full color photos illustrating the process step-by-step. Each pattern is tested by a panel of sewists of many skill levels - to ensure the instructions are clear so you can enjoy a frustration-free sewing experience. Plus, if you have any questions while sewing, I'm always available by email to help you. Check my feedback for actual customer comments on the ease of use of my patterns!
✄ RESALE & COPYRIGHT POLICIES:
You *may* make Aivilo bags and clothing items for sale, in limited production. If selling online, I simply ask that you put "design by AiviloCharlotte Designs" in your listings. The patterns are protected by copyright, and not to be duplicated or shared in any way.
The pictures here are to show what the completed project looks like - you are purchasing sewing instructions, NOT the actual items. This pattern was designed by me for my business, AiviloCharlotte, and is protected by copyright.