1) Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
2) Life is far too important a thing every to talk seriously about.
3) Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
4) Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
5) We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
6) Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live. It is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
7) Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
8) One should sympathize with the joy, the beauty, and color of life --- the less said about life's sores, the better.