The Mano Fico is an ancient hand-shaped amulet that was used in the Roman Empire and in Africa, and remains a popular protection symbol in Brazil, Italy and African countries.
The focal point of the bookmark, hanging opposite the Mano Fico, is a whole ox eye seed from the Amazon.
Other natural beads used are red tento seeds, and light wood.
Soft colored faceted crystals and metal findings give a little bit of sparkle to the piece, and the gorgeous burgundy silk tassel completes it!
- - -
Add an exclusive handmade gift box for $4.50, no extra shipping
.Here are some ideas on how you can use this bookmark. I've tried them all!
• It's perfect for coffee table books
• It looks amazing hanging from the spine of a book in the bookcase
• You can tie it to a purse or handbag – accessorize the accessories!
• Wrap it around your ponytail
• Use it to hold the curtains. I do this in my home and everyone loves it!
• Tie it to the door knob
• Hang it anywhere so you have something pretty to look at
See the last photo to the right for inspiration!
- - -
Free space on the string is approximately 10 1/2" / 26.5cm
*This is a one-of-a-kind piece*
Not quite what you were looking for?
There's more here: joykilledthepoet.etsy.com
Coffee Table Decor - Living room home accent with mano fico figa hand good fortune protection
- Handmade item
- Materials: hollow metal beads, string, silk tassel, wooden beads, crystals, metal charm, tento seed, ox eye seed, natural beads
- Feedback: 18 reviews
- Ships worldwide from New York, United States