Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Check out that brown nut she is holding... and that bushy tail.. perfect for hanging around! Enjoy as a decorative pillow.. hanging on a rail.. on a crib or just hanging out on a bookshelf. I have a similar one right above my computer. I adore mine!
The mola applique and stitchery.. along with the colors are just fabulous. So well executed. A textural and very tactile treasure!
3 full layers+ of traditional reverse applique mola, hand stitched by a very gifted Kuna Indian artist in Kuna Yala, The San Blas Islands Panama.
• 9" across x 9 3/4 " high x 3" thick
• Mola fabric layers: 3+
• Bottom layer: lovely lilac
• 2nd layer: turquoise blue
• 3rd layer: black black
• Lots of colorful applique on top of that
• Mola was hand sewn in Panama
• Hand cut, hand fashioned into a pillow by moi.. Molamama!
• Filled with hypoallergenic fibrefil
Layer by layer, stitch by tiny stitch.. hand sewn using time honored mola makig techniques handed down from Kuna mothers to daughter for generations.
Gift card included!
(=’.’=) MOLAMAMA: Collaborative mola fabric folk art with a New Mexico twist.
Creating an economic avenue for indigenous artists for 19 years! Thanks for stopping by!
For more .. please check out our gallery on Bonanza!