Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Marked "Munising", probably late 1930s.
10-1/2" Roller, 17-1/2" Overall Length
According to the factory catalog these hardwood Rolling Pins "are uniformly turned from Michigan hard maple that has been thoroughly seasoned, sanded to a perfect finish and fitted with non-removeable revolving handles." They were made with natural wood handles, but could also be ordered with red, green or blue enameled handles.
Munising Wood Products factory operated in Munising, Michigan from 1911 - 1955. In addition to rolling pins, they made wood bowls with distinctive hand-painted designs, clothespins, paddles, butter molds, potato mashers, as well as furniture.
"The introduction of plastic, along with inexpensive wooden imports, proved too much competition for the Munising Wood Products Company. In 1955 the Munising factory closed and in 1959 the sister facility in Marquette stopped production.
At it’s peak, the woodenware factory employed over 250 people and was distributed nationally by such companies as Sears Roebuck and Co. and Marshall Field. Vintage pieces are found throughout the country and have become highly collectible. They are not only a little bit of Munising history, but also a little piece of Americana!"
Some vintage wear and tear, but cracks or repairs.
See Etsy Treasury List - A A Simple Green Cottage Kitchen:
• Please let me know if you have any questions.
• Check out more kitchen decor items in my VINTAGE KITCHEN SECTION.
• Please review my SHOP POLICIES. By ordering, you indicate that you have read and agree to my Shop Policies.
• California residents will have SALES TAX added to their invoice.
• I am always happy to COMBINE PURCHASES allowing me to help you save on shipping.
• Shipping fees do not include insurance coverage.
• I SHIP WORLDWIDE – please contact me for a quick quote for your location, or wait for me to add shipping charges to your invoice through PayPal.
• I also welcome LOCAL PICKUP in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA.
• You can always return to my Etsy store at any time at: http://revivalstyle.etsy.com
• Thanks for shopping at RevivalStyle!