Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Expertly hand stitched in authentic mola by a gifted Kuna Indian artist in Kuna Yala, San Blas Islands, Panama, using time honored mola making techniques handed down from Kuna mother to daughter for generations. Cut, hand pieced, fashioned & stuffed in New Mexico!
Note the colorful, hand stitched shell on the back of this beautiful creature. So textural and so well sewn in very labor intensive reverse applique. Colors are happy and vibrant.. the stitchery.. superb!
~ Good sized.. would make quite a statement on a couch, bed or even a wall ~
One of the oldest reptiles on the planet, the turtle symbolizes motherhood, wisdom, patience and longevity.
• Size: 15" x 12 1/2" ( arm to arm) Body = 4" wide x 2 1/2" thick
• Multiple layers of colorful hand stitched mola applique
• Mola applique hand sewn in Panama
• Cut, pieced and made into an animal & stuffed in New Mexico at the Dream Spirit Studio by
• Filled with hypoallergenic fibrefill
Makes a fabulous gift for your favorite turtle lover!
Original MolaMama design. Gift card included.
(=’.’=) MOLAMAMA = Collaborative Mola Fabric Folk Art with a New Mexico Twist =
An economic avenue for indigenous artists for the past 19 years
Thanks for stopping by!