The steel table and bench leg sets that make up this kit are designed for strength and lightness. This is a DIY project you or your other can easily make into a picnic table set that is 4 to 8 ft long. You buy the lumber from a lumber store and go to it..
When you are done you will have more than a picnic table. The benches can be used at your campfire or for extra seating. Use the table as a buffet or snack server.
The table shown is an 8 foot table made with 2 x 6 green treated lumber. You can get 8 adults at this table. Note the support block in the center of the bench. The steel leg design allows you to add this feature to your benches to accommodate even your largest relatives.
• The lower wood brace shown with the legs is not included. It is to be supplied by buyer. The brace strengthens the table and adds character. The brace can be a beam, a board, pipe, log or anything that you can screw or bolt to the legs.
• You can buy (5) 2x6 planks and build a standard size picnic table. The benches shown use (2) 2x6 planks too. You can buy cedar, green or brown treated, regular pine planks or some of that new plastic decking. If you are doing an 8 foot table I would recommend the regular or treated pine for its strength in a long table situation. Three 2 x 10s will also work as the table top.
These legs sets are unfinished. You can leave them rust to a natural rustic brown or paint them to the color of your choice.
Yes! The best part about these leg designs is that you use your own wood material to make any length to 8 or so feet. Use more of my TwinLegs to make longer tables.
• You save $ supplying your own planks [if you bought furniture with the wood supplied you would pay big].
• Wrought steel will not rot in contact with the ground.
• If you use pressure treated wood your creations will last.
• Simple assembly, only straight cuts required.
• Do it yourself or have your other do it.
* You save money by painting the legs to the color that says you.
*As you create your Table the design of your stabilizer beam on the lower cross bar can take many forms. The long and the short gusset strap options give you choices. The one of your choosing is included in your shipment. Check out the picture.
*What I have found is that we all have different tastes.That includes taste in cross bracing. The options for the picnic table are the same as the dining table. https://www.etsy.com/listing/59959381/metal-dining-table-leg-set-create-a-top?
• Kits include;
2 - bench leg sets
1 - picnic table Leg set
If you don't want to use your wood for a stabilizer beam on the bench legs you can buy bench gusset straps for the benches. https://www.etsy.com/listing/121872735/metal-twin-leg-accessory-bench-or-coffee?
Relax with Rustic Living! Order today.